Fresh juice is possibly the citrus product most vulnerable to quality issues. Fruit handling is not only one of the most important steps in maintaining quality of fresh juice, but is also a critical point in meeting FDA regulations for fresh juice safety.
Key Elements of the Program
- Determine factors which could rejuvenate and rebuild the fresh squeezed business.
- Investigate all aspects of fresh squeezed juice processing to develop a comprehensive program for the re-introduction of the product to the market place.
- Provide technical information on fruit handling from the grove to storage of the final product.
- Guidance document for retail and roadside fresh citrus juice producers
- Sanitation protocols for tested fresh squeezed juice extractors
- Fresh-squeezed Florida orange juice Production, Packaging, Distribution
- Increase fresh fruit utilization and grower returns.